Exercise alone cannot make you lose weight. If you are taking for granted some aspects of weight loss, your attempt will be in vain. Everything should be working in synergy with exercise and that includes a proper mindset, proper sleep and of course, proper nutrition. So what are the top foods that can aid you in naturally losing weight? Here are my top picks:
1. Chia Seeds – these are high in fiber and protein that can help you shed those extra kilos. And while Chia seeds are high in calories, they are also high in Omega-3 which is definitely good for the heart.
2. Bananas – these contain resistant starch that greatly support weight loss. These resistant starch aid in proper and healthy digestion. Bananas are also rich in fiber. A nutritious and low-density-food, this is good for dropping those extra and unwanted pounds. They also contain moderate calories, vitamin C, Potassium and Vitamin B-6 that are important nutrients for our body. Bananas are also known as Melatonin booster. Melatonin is an important hormone that our pineal gland produces. It is under produced by our bodies nowadays because of too much exposure in computers and cellphones’ white light even at night. Melatonin is important because it is believed to be the activator of other important hormones in the body such as the insulin which plays a big role in the sugar conversion into energy which the body uses.
3. Avocado – it contains healthy fat that can help normalize your cholesterol level. Avocado is rich in monosaturated and oleic fats which can eliminate abdominal fat and decrease the risk for metabolic syndrome, signs of negative health and predisposing factors for weight gain. It is shown in the studies that those that regularly consumes avocado managed to lower their abdominal fats by 1.6%. The fats that the Avocado contains prevents body fats to be distributed in the abdominal area.
4. Eggs – Eggs are high in protein, healthy fats, vitamins and minerals. Eggs are one of the ultimate weight loss foods out there. They are known to be high on satiety level that’s why they increase fullness. Eggs also boost metabolism because of its high thermic effect. It means it burns more calories
5. Fish – Fish is rich in quality proteins and Omega-3 which means it is weight loss friendly and full of healthy fats. Fish is also good for your heart and brain. Eating fish once a day can be very beneficial for those people that are suffering from depression.
6. Coconut oil – It is said that coconut oil is better than olive oil because of its abundant medium chain saturated fatty acids. Because of this, it doesn’t end up stored in the body for a long time. People who consumed a lot of coconut oil tend to have lower obesity levels and also has a more health cardiovascular system.
The bottom line is, no single food is enough. You need a proper diet plan to achieve your weight goals. Also, food is not enough to keep you healthy. You need to keep an active and healthy lifestyle to achieve your optimum health.