Losing weight and becoming fit all depends on how determined you are to make the right choices every time you eat. It also calls for finding the balance between the different types of foods and to burn more calories than you consume. Transforming your physique can even encompass enhanced energy levels, more agility and flexibility, freedom from chronic diseases, more self confidence, increased productivity and problem solving skills and better health and endurance.
Here is how you can lose weight and keep it off
- Drink enough water and get enough sleep: A glass of water before eating can help you eat less and thus pack in fewer calories that would have been accumulated in your body. Water also improves your metabolism and helps in the elimination of toxins. Sleeping for 7-8 hours helps in keeping your cravings in check and you will be less likely to gorge on unhealthy snacks.
- Eat more vegetables and fruits: Eat kiwis, oranges, tangerines, grapefruits, limes, lemons, etc as they are rich in vitamin c that regulates the fat metabolism. Eat strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, raspberries, apples, etc added to salads, cereals or desserts. Fruits and vegetables are rich in vitamins, minerals, fiber and anti-oxidants and they are also low in calories.
- Eat vegetables like kale, collard, lettuce, cabbage, cauliflower, asparagus, carrots, broccoli, dandelion greens, arugula, mustard greens, biter gourd, tomatoes, bell peppers, jalapenos, chilies, etc. Vary up the variety by going for tropical fruits like pineapple, mango, guavas, pomegranates, bananas, etc. Bring in foods like watermelons, cucumbers, etc that contain plenty of fiber and water.
- Go for proteins. Eat more eggs, chickpeas, legumes, beans, lentils, lean cuts of poultry like chicken, turkey, etc. Proteins help in building muscles that burn more calories at rest. Also, eating more protein rich foods will help you stay fuller for a longer period of time and you are less likely to indulge in foods rich in fat.
- Recognize the good fats. Good fats are found in cashew nuts, pistachios, almonds, walnuts, avocados, nuts, seeds, etc. They help in blasting the already stored fat.
- Know your carbs: Foods rich in refined flour and sugar can sabotage your efforts in no time. Instead eat foods made out of whole grains that are rich in fiber and nutrients. Go for whole wheat breads, whole wheat crackers, whole grain pasta and mixed grain cereals.
- Lose weight by going for cardiovascular exercises that help in burning fat: Vary the intensity, frequency and duration to get the most benefit. Intermittent exercises can help you lose more weight as they keep your metabolism high. Also, it will not wear you out much while helping you get your workout done much more effectively.
- Try and take at least 1000 steps each day: Wear a pedometer and make a conscious effort to move around more. Take the stairs instead of the elevator. Try walking to nearby places.
Losing weight and staying fit calls for some serious determination and it can be done once you stick to a good diet and exercise regimen.